12 - 18 Months Before the Wedding
- Announce Marriage Engagement: Mail a picture to your hometown newspaper.
- Determine the date of your wedding!
- Estimate size and theme for your wedding.
- Determine your need for a "wedding consultant".
9 - 12 Months Before the Wedding
- Determine a budget for your wedding.
- Select a location for the wedding ceremony.
- Make an appointment to meet with the officiant of your choice. (i.e., priest, pastor, justice of the peace, etc.)
- Finalize your wedding guest list.
- Select a location for the "wedding reception".
- Select your wedding attendants (bridesmaids, groomsmen, maid of honor, best man, ushers, ringbearer, etc)
- Begin shopping for your wedding dress.
- Select a "photographer" and/or videographer for your wedding.
6 - 9 Months Before the Wedding
- "Music!" Select the entertainment, musicians, band and/or D.J. for your wedding celebration.
- Select a "caterer".
- Book the rehearsal dinner reservations for the wedding party.
- Select a "florist".
- Select bridesmaids' attire.
- Book transportation for bride, groom and wedding party.
- Determine your "honeymoon destination" and travel plans.
- Reserve accommodations for your wedding guests.
- Order your libations (i.e., beer, wine, champagne) for your wedding reception.
4 - 6 Months Before the Wedding
- Purchase a wedding gown.
- Select groomsmen's attire.
- Buy wedding rings.
- Order a "wedding cake".
- Order stationery (i.e., wedding invitations and thank you notes)
- Register for gifts.
- Purchase accessories (i.e., veil, shoes, etc.)
- Assist mothers in selecting attire.
- Schedule vacation time from work.
2 - 4 Months Before the Wedding
- Purchase ceremonial "accessories" (i.e., toasting glasses, ring pillow, guest book, favors, etc.)
- Purchase gifts for attendants.
- Investigate "marriage license".
- Confirm ceremony of vows from officiant, or write your own!
- Choose readings for the marriage ceremony.
- "Revise legal documents" (i.e., wills, leases, insurance, etc.)
- Schedule appointment for blood tests.
- Mail wedding invitations.
1 Month Before the Wedding
- Final fittings of wedding party gowns and/or dresses.
- Schedule appointments with your hairdresser.
- Re-confirm all goods and ordered services.
- Complete bride's name-change documents.
- Obtain "marriage license".
- Write toasts for rehearsal and reception dinner.
1 Week Before the Wedding
- Pack for your wedding and honeymoon.
- Notify reception venue of the final head count.
- Compile a comprehensive check-list. (Don't forget the obvious stuff!)
Night Before the Wedding
- Try to get a good night's sleep.